Saturday, September 5, 2009

Strangers with Candy...

We've spent the past 10 or so hours watching perhaps one of the best shows I have ever seen. Picture your favorite 40 something runaway/prostitute/druggie as she tries to make her way through high school again, basically that one Adam Sandler movie except like a 1000 times cooler because you know.... its not Adam Sandler.

I was actually going through my September NYLON (we will get to that in a minute) when i saw her in the back in the Strike Backpack editorial, showcasing one of her many awkward faces. Why does this remind me of so many people at my high school?

Actually this is a total Darlene moment now that I think about it...


Onto NYLON though!

After a couple of low...hmm... standard issues I have found once again the love that I had for NYLON a year or so ago. I could do without all the damn vampires (they all seriously need to be canceled or have a stake driven through their hearts or something...esh), but the magazine has that almost random feel you used to get from reading it. Most of the editorials in the magazine were pretty neat, specifically the Geek Squad, Dress like a Lady and High Contrast ones, and I enjoyed reading about Anna Paquin (who yes is a vampire...).

So I will be looking forward to the next issue, hopefully it will be as good as this one.

http://thetwocentscorp.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/158.jpg

(Why do his teeth look so stupid?)

Maybe thats what I hate about this whole vampire craze. It all looks either A. really stupid or B. really fake and really stupid. Its like you can't make something in this genre that isn't completely written by the same manatees that write Family Guy on South Park. They just push those balls around and whatever falls in the tube the writers decide to do the episode on.

Jesus

Oranges

Mean Girls

Vampires

And a radio active van filled with extreme terrorists.

Yeah sounds like a total hit.

Maybe I am being a little too harsh in all this, I don't mean to bad mouth or offend anyone. I just don't see what all the ruckus is about to be honest.

Luke Hannah Laurie

No comments: